Every year, people make New Year’s Resolutions.
Every year, Most people break their resolutions by U.S.’s Groundhog day, (Feb 2)
What are you going to do about breaking your resolutions?
I resolved this year, not to make resolutions until Groundhog day (a la David Seah). Now, you ask why? The Party Forces are against you. Think about it.
- From Thanksgiving until Christmas, there are parties galore with all sorts of food and drinks.
- After Christmas, you’re eating up all the left-over cookies, candy canes, chocolate, and other wonderful goodies.
- New years, you’re partying it up. Drinking and eating.
- New Year’s Day, with all the New Year’s American College Football games, who’s not going to over-eat chips and salsa, pizza, and beer on New year’s day?
- Then, we have a week of BCS college football games, NFL Playoffs, and then on to the Super Bowl Parties.
Wow, what a stacked load of over-eating bonanzas face us before Groundhog day. Now, who’s ever heard of over-eating at Lincoln’s birthday parties? or Valentine’s day nachos? Heck, The Academy Awards are more of Tea and Wine Party than a bowl of chips and hot dogs. Granted, for the typical party-goer, Fat Tuesday and Mardi Gras throw a wrinkle in the plans of avoiding the over-indulgent parties. Additionally, Toss in the most wonderful TV time of year known as College Basketball March Madness and the parties are still coming.
Yet, those can be seen as hiccups in the spring along the way to summer BBQ’s. So, What’s the best time to join a gym? It sure isn’t January 1st when the wait for the cardio machines changes from a December 0 mintues to a January 30 minutes. I suggest you Join the Gym in February when everyone else is fizzling on their New year’s resolutions and annoyed by all the January Joiners. You can avoid the wait and be clean of the major party events.
To be honest, what’s the best time for Resolutions? it’s now, when you have convictions and motivation. Do it Now, this Second, and resolve to be the new thin you. Believe it, Dream it, Visualize it, and Feel it.
Well, I’m giving you (and myself) 14 days to become convinced. You have to become so convinced and motivated that you will stick with your new habits at least until you achieve your goals and reach your swimsuit size by summer beach time.
How are you going to prepare yourself to begin the journey of healthy eating, healthy exercise, and a healthier you?
Of course, it has something to do with the Slow Weigh, but that’s enough of that for now.