Take a look at Scott’s Moustache.
I have nothing against female breasts. In fact, I am an unabashed fan. Any and all breast sizes are super sexy.
We see all sorts of Breast related advertising. Even in round about ways. For example, in October, the National Football League did all sorts of campaigns to support Breast Cancer Awareness month. Now, there is nothing sexy about cancer, but saving breasts that is a worthy cause we all can cheer for.
After thinking about it, I wondered Where is the prostate marketing? Companies don’t try to sell you their game, clothing, beer, or service with prostates. Another example, We eat chicken Breasts. We don’t eat chicken Prostates.
I don’t ever want to look at them and definitely will not eat them, but I think Prostates are worth saving too.
Seriously, though. For the month of November, I joined the Movember movement.
“Movember challenges men to change their appearance and the face of men’s health by growing a moustache.”
Yes, I am growing a moustache and accepting donations to help science research for Men’s Health issues such as prostate cancer.
I’m doing this because many of my relatives have had to fight cancer, and I know it is a scary predicament to fight. By bringing awareness, hopefully Science Research and Faith can help us prevent future generations from experiencing the cancer plight.
Now, the odds are stacked against us. You are probably fighting cancer right now!
- 1 in 2 men will be diagnosed with cancer in his lifetime.
- 1 in 6 men will be diagnosed with prostate cancer during his lifetime.
What can you do? (part 1)
You can support my efforts by making a donation to support the great work of the Prostate Cancer Foundation and LIVESTRONG.
- Click this link http://us.movember.com/mospace/986690/ and donate online using your credit card or PayPal account
- Write a check payable to Movember, referencing my name or Registration Number 986690 and mailing it to: Movember, PO Box 2726, Venice, CA 90294-2726
For more details on how the funds raised from previous campaigns have been used and the impact Movember is having please visit
What can you do? (part 2)
According to the Mayo clinic, there are some concrete steps we can take now to help our bodies fight cancer.
- Choose a healthy diet full of fruits and vegetables.
- Choose healthy foods over supplements.
- Exercise most days of the week.
- Maintain a healthy weight.
- Talk to your doctor if you think you have an increased risk of cancer.
Whether you like to look at Breasts or Prostates, both cancers are worth fighting.