Leo Babauta from zenhabits.net is sponsoring a pay it forward web event, and I am giving away free 12 month simpleweight subscriptions. To learn how to receive your subscription, keep reading.
What is a pay it forward web event?
The purpose of the event is to bring people closer and restore kindness
To quote Leo quoting Ben Franklin:
Here’s Ben Franklin on this concept:
I do not pretend to give such a Sum; I only lend it to you. When you […] meet with another honest Man in similar Distress, you must pay me by lending this Sum to him; enjoining him to discharge the Debt by a like operation, when he shall be able, and shall meet with another opportunity. I hope it may thus go thro’ many hands, before it meets with a Knave that will stop its Progress. This is a trick of mine for doing a deal of good with a little money.
To Demonstrate the goodness of Humanity, The idea is to perform some act of kindness, but with the intention of never receiving anything in return except asking the person to perform some act of kindness to someone else in the future.
So instead of paying me back, you need to pay it forward.
Leo mentioned he would link to my website if I perform some act of kindness. I don’t know if he will or will not link to me.
(Leo if you’re reading this and you do choose to link to my fantastic simple weight loss site. Thank you.) Regardless, I plan to participate.
What do I have to give to fulfill my act of kindness?
- First, I have some positive inspiring comments I can give to my family and friends.
- Second, I have some stuff (clothing, home furnishings, technology items) I will bring to the local goodwill.
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle to clean the environment.
- Finally, I will give free 12 month subscriptions to use simple weight to the first 12 people who leave a comment on this post describing how they will use our website to better handle their weight management goals.
(I recommend SMART goals).
What do I ask in return?
- You truly need to dedicate yourself to using the site. We want you to reach your weight management goal. Using the site can be as simple as entering your weight weekly or tracking exercise habits daily.
- Of course, I will trust you to pay it forward and help someone else down the road.
I know you do not want to be the Knave to stop the progress of random kindness.
Remember, weight management is as easy as food in = food out.